To link to articles in JSTOR, follow these steps:
1. Locate the article you want to link to in JSTOR.
2. Locate the Article Stable URL on the article's information page. (See screenshot.) Highlight and copy the complete URL.
3. Paste the URL into Canvas, an email, on a website, or wherever else you want to share the article.
4. Before saving or sending the link, paste the following referring URL in front of the document URL:
(Adding this referring URL is necessary because it points to an NWACC authentication server, to verify that the user is authorized to access the database. Not adding this referring URL will make the link inaccessible to off-campus users.)
For instance, the following document URL...
...should be formatted like this before it's shared with other members of the NWACC community:
After adding the referring URL, save or send the link.
5. A direct link to the article will appear.
6. When off-campus users click this link, they'll be asked to log in with their My NWACC Connection username and password.
7. After logging in, off-campus users will be taken directly to the article's information page, where they can access the full text of the article. (On-campus users, don't have to authenticate. They'll be immediately taken to the article when they click the link.)