Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
What are citation/reference management tools?
Citation/reference management tools help in organising citations, some of these tools are software which helps in
- importing citations from databases and websites;
- create bibliographies;
- annotate articles;
- save, organise and build collections of pdfs, images, graphs and other files needed for research, and of course share library.
Which software is right for you?
Image take from http://www.jyukawa.com/images/
Some things to think about when you are about to choose one of the many citation management softwares available online.
- Use software which your friends and colleagues are using, it will make it easier to share and collaborate with them.
- Use what you like and are most comfortable with, there is no one perfect software/program.
- You can use more than one software, a good tool will allow transfer of data stored from one software to another.
Gwen Dobbs, Library Director