The Library has limited operations this fall. Visit our Return to Operations guide for information on available services.
Please Ask Us!, email email@example.com, or text 479-802-0570 if you need assistance.
The Chronicle of Higher Education is the leading source of news and commentary about the events, people, and issues shaping higher education. Because NWACC Library is a subscriber, you can read full issues online and enjoy free downloads of weekly issues directly to your iPad.
By using The Chronicle through the library, you get the complete contents of the latest issue; daily news and advice columns; thousands of current job listings; an archive of previously published content; vibrant discussion forums; and career-building tools such as online CV management, salary databases, and more.
Once you create an account, you can log in to access The Chronicle from any device by going to chronicle.com
After creating a personal Chronicle.com account, you can sign up for the Chronicle’s newsletters which provide daily and/or weekly updates of academic news of particular interest to you and which arrive via email.
HOW TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT when you are off-campus
1. visit this link, and complete the information requested in the form. You will receive an email to confirm your registration and activate your account.
2. Once your account is activated visit https://www.chronicle.com/ and login in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
HOW TO SET UP AN ACCOUNT when you are on-campus
TO ACCESS VIA IPAD (sorry, no Android app available):
The library's subscription provides NWACC faculty, students, and staff access an unlimited number of New York Times articles online as well as its videos, blogs and other interactive content.
Users will find a variety of topics covered with unsurpassed quality and depth through breaking news articles, blogs, videos and interactive features. Convenient section lists and search tools make navigation simple.
In addition, users can discover and share content on social networks, save articles, subscribe to email newsletters of areas of interest and receive news alerts, either on predefined topics or through a keyword search the user designates.
Once you create an account, you can log in to access the Times from any device by going to nytimes.com
1. To create or renew your New York Times account from off-campus, please use this link: https://nytimesineducation.com/access-nyt/
2. Type “Northwest Arkansas Community College into the box when prompted and select it.
3. Click the big blue “Go” button on the next screen.
4. You will be prompted to enter your NWACC credentials.
5. Select create account and use your NWACC email address.
6. Once your account is created visit https://www.nytimes.com/ and login in the upper right-hand corner of the page.
You will receive confirmation that your NYTimes.com Pass is active. You can now log in from any device and in any app using the account you created above.
Access for smartphones, iPads and Android tablets is provided with the Library's subscription. Download the app on your device and log in using your NY Times account credentials created above. A cross-platform save feature allows you to retrieve saved articles from the device of your choice.
Offers faculty additional teaching resources geared to using NY Times articles in your classes. Resources include faculty selected articles, instructional strategies and optional weekly newsletters across nine discipline areas: American government, business, criminal justice, economics, environmental sciences, international relations, leadership, psychology, and writing & English composition.
Create a separate account using your NWACC email address.