Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Watch for Red Flags!
Scan your online resources for easy-to-spot red flags. These can help you determine whether a website is credible enough to use in a research paper.
- Website does not look professionally designed
- Lack of citations or links to verifiable information
- No author/sponsoring organization is listed, either on the main page or in an 'About Us' section
- The page's purpose is to sell something (almost all .com)
- There is a lot of advertising on the page
- The publisher is promoting a specific point of view
- Content seems written to provoke an emotional response