Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Getting started: Artist Description
1. Artist name and nationality.
2. Date (exact or approximate) of the object.
3. Title of the work.
4. Medium and/or technique.
- *Generally all of this information will be included on the label next to the object on exhibit.
5. Where is the work/who owns it.
- The museum or institution that owns the work will have helpful information.
Learn more about a particular artist
- artistic career
Getting Started: Artwork Description
- Title of Artwork
- Date (exact or approximate) of object
- Artist (if known)
- Medium (material object is made from)
- Influence behind the artwork
- Time Period
- Artwork Origins & History
- Provenance (a record of ownership of a work of art or an antique, used as a guide to authenticity or quality)